REMINDER TO ALL STUDENTS: PLEASE LOCK YOUR LOCKERS AT ALL TIMES. ALSO, USE ONLY THE LOCKER YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED. LOCKER CHANGES ARE ONLY APPROVED BY ADMINISTRATION. THANK YOU.
Any DECA student who wants to attend the Sate Conference and has not handed in the paperwork, needs to see Ms. Kemp or Mr. Sorrentino TODAY!
Good luck to the following sports teams competing this weekend:
- Boys’ Hockey host Potsdam @ 7:00 p.m.
- JV & Varsity Girls’ at Rutland @ 5:00/6:30 p.m.
- Freshman Boys’ Basketball host CHS @ 6:30 p.m.
- Boys’ Hockey host Potsdam @ 1:00 p.m.
- Girls’ Hockey host Rutland @ 3:00 p.m.
- Nordic Ski at Rikert@ 10:00 a.m.
- Freshman Boys’ Basketball host NCU @ 10:00 a.m.
- JV & Varsity Boys’ at CVU @ 1:00/2:30 p.m.
- Dance Team at Mt. Anthony @ 5:00 p.m.
** THE WINTER BALL will be held tomorrow night, Saturday, January 21st from 7:00-10:00 p.m. Students who would like to bring a non-BFA guest need to pick up a Guest Permission Slip in the Main Office. The forms must be signed by a parent and the sending school and must be returned to the Main Office no later than the end of the school day TODAY! The Winter Ball is a semi-formal event. Soft-soled shoes are required. Tickets will be sold during lunch periods for $6.00 per person and will also be available at the door.
Volleyball Club is meeting on Monday, January 23rd after school from 3:00-4:00 p.m. at the Complex. Come join us!
After school open tennis courts on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:30 p.m. See Mrs. Hodgeman in Guidance with any questions.
BFA’s Work-Based Learning Program – Are you interested in exploring more about certain careers? Are you thinking about going on a job shadow or doing an internship to learn more about a certain career? If so, there will be an informative Q&A session in the Project Room in the Library during Enrichment on Wednesday, February 1st from 8:45-9:15/9:30. Be sure to get permission from your Enrichment teacher in order to attend. Take advantage of this 30 minute informative session now and lets start exploring your future.
There will be a hospital tour at the Northwest Medical Center from 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 8th. You will get an inside glimpse of all the careers that are associated in making a hospital run smoothly and effectively. If you are interested in going on this field trip, please email Mrs. Chesser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Med Quest – Careers in the Medical Field – If you are interested in exploring careers in the medical field, MedQuest offers an excellent opportunity for sophomores and juniors. This is a coed, residential, 4 day rigorously structured program held at the University of Vermont campus. There are three separate sessions of MedQuest, aimed at three distinct health career clusters for students to explore:
- Therapeutic Services–June 19-22: Students will explore healthcare occupations focused primarily on changing the health status of patients over time.
- Diagnostic Services–June 26-29: Students will explore healthcare occupations related to the testing and evaluations that aid in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of disease, injuries or other physical conditions.
- Counseling and Mental Health Services– July 10-13: Students will explore health care occupations that assist people with mental health related issues and diseases.
You will receive job shadow training, participate in interactive presentations and hands-on workshops. You will travel to hospitals and community health centers and take part in a variety of opportunities related to the medical field. Applications will be open in early 2017. If you are interested and want more information please visit, http://www.cvahec.org/programs/high-school-student/med-quest/ or contact Judy Contompasis at 802-527-1474 or email her at email@example.com. Keep your eyes out for flyers around the school.