Personal Learning Plan Google Docs to Add into Student Canvas e-portfolios
The Google Docs listed below are to be used by students as templates that will be entered into their Canvas PLP e-portfolios. During upcoming designated advisories in October and November, students will receive guidelines on how to open these Google Doc templates and then copy/paste them into specific pages they’ve created in their Canvas e-portfolios. Additional instructions will be posted to this page.
Directions for students:
- Log into the Canvas accounts and click on their “Account” shortcut.
- Click on the “ePortfolios” link, then click on “Create ePortfolio” link.
- In the “Make an ePortfolio” field, type your full name-PLP (i.e. Jane Dunne – PLP).
- Don’t click on “make it public” and click “Create ePortfolio”.
- On the “Welcome to Your Portfolio” page, click on “Go to the actual ePortfolio”
- On your home page, click on “Edit this Page”.
- Leave the ePortfolio edit page open and open a new tab in your browser. Browse to the BFA website.
- Click on the Student/Parent menu and browse to the PLP docs for Canvas page (this page).
- Open the BFA PLP Part One Google Doc.
- In the Google Doc, select all text (Ctrl+A) then copy (Ctrl+C).
- Return to your ePortfolio and paste the Google Doc text into the welcome page window. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit “Save”.
- Once you’ve saved your ePortfolio, you’ll need to share the link with your advisors. On the “Welcome to Your ePortfolio” page, look under the sentence: “Copy and share this link to give others access to your private ePortfolio”, and select/copy the blue share-link.
- Open a new tab in your browser and log into your Gmail account. Create an email message with the subject line: My ePortfolio Link and address the message to your advisors.
- In the email message window, paste the link for your ePortfolio and send the message to your advisors. You can repeat this process if you want to share your ePortfolio with additional people.